Councillor Vacancy

Do you want to make a difference in your community?

Are you concerned about what happens in your local area?

Do you feel you could represent the views of your neighbourhood?

If you have answered “yes” then you may wish to consider becoming a Town Councillor.

Yate Town Council currently has a vacancy for a Councillor for the North Ward of the Parish of Yate. (NB. This is an unpaid role).

As no request for an election was received within the legal timeframe, the Town Council wish to co-opt a Councillor to fill the vacancy.

To be eligible to apply you need to be:-

  • Over the age of 18;
  • A British subject or Commonwealth Citizen or the European Union;
  • An elector of the Parish, or a person who during the whole of 12 months before applying having occupied land or other premises as owner or tenant in the parish.  Or has, during the same period resided in that area or within 3 miles, or has during the same period had a principal or only place of work in that area.
  • There are certain situations which mean you cannot be a Councillor, ie if you are bankrupt or have been convicted of certain offences or if you work for Yate Town Council.

Please see or for more information.  

If you are interested in applying, please email [email protected]  or call 01454 866506 for an application form. You can also download an application form via our website  click here for link to webpage to download application

Closing date for applications – Monday 14th June 2021

Scroll to Top