Yate Town Council has provided amenities for the growing number of Yate teenagers. Peg Hill Skate Park is an example of this provision, as is the teenage seating at Long’s Drive.
- COVID-19 Updates
- Community Cinema @ The Armadillo
- Kickabout areas in Yate
We have published risk assessments and guidance in relation to The Armadillo Youth Cafe which can be viewed here:
We have created the following document to show how we are minimising risk at The Armadillo.
The Armadillo Youth Cafe
Yate Armadillo Youth Cafe & Venue
In light of the recent government guidelines, we are now operating a slightly reduced service. As the roadmap is updated we will inform you of events & services as they return. Should you have any questions, please contact the team via email: email@example.com
If you find yourself in need of support during this time, please find a list of agencies below that offer guidance and advice:
- Off the Record – https://www.otrbristol.org.uk/
- Age UK – https://www.ageuk.org.uk/southgloucestershire/
- NHS – https://www.nhs.uk/using-the-nhs/nhs-services/urgent-and-emergency-care/nhs-111/
- South Glos. Council – https://oneyou.southglos.gov.uk/stress-less/emotional-wellbeing-support/
About the Venue
The Armadillo Youth Venue and Cafe in the heart of Yate provides a contemporary, safe environment for all young people of the locality aged between 11 and 17 to use, enjoy and call their own.
Named by local young people in recognition of its distinctive shape, and painted a vivid purple colour, the 200-capacity centre is designed to exacting environmental standards and offers high-quality facilities including a café with internet access, DJ Booth, pool table, basketball table tennis, x-box gaming area and a fantastic 60-seater cinema. Everyone aged 11-17yrs is welcome whether they want to chill out in the café, meet friends and make new ones, or take part in a workshop. They have weekly craft and cooking sessions!
Year 6 Youth Sessions are running Monday – Friday.
For individual school days & times please see the poster below.
Open Youth Sessions are running every Saturday.
Please note these sessions are open & anyone attending can come and go freely.
See poster below for more information.
Community Cinema @ The Armadillo
CURRENTLY POSTPONED: Armadillo Community Cinema
- FREE COMMUNITY CINEMA – EVERY SATURDAY 10am – 12.30pm – Cafe opens from 10am selling hot & cold drinks, confectionary and snacks. The movie starts at 10.30am
- SENIOR COFFEE MORNING – EVERY THURSDAY 9.30am – 10.30am – Coffee morning starts at 9.30am selling unlimited tea & coffee plus any toast, cakes and biscuits. Following the coffee morning, at 10.30am we show a FREE film in our community cinema.
- SENIOR AFTERNOON TEA – EVERY THURSDAY 1pm – 1.45pm – Afternoon tea starts at 1pm delling unlimited tea & coffee plus cream tea (scone with cream and jam), toast, cakes and biscuits. Following the afternoon tea at 1.45pm, we show a FREE film in our community cinema.
We are excited to offer exclusive children’s party packages here at the Armadillo. The party experience lasts for 2 hours; within this time you can sing, dance, play games or even watch a film. The cinema room accommodates up to 60 people safely, so there’s plenty of room for everyone!
Hire the Armadillo
You’ll be pleased to hear we hire out our rooms to anyone that is looking for an innovative space to hold meetings, parties or community groups.
Our prices are spectacular! To help out local community, our prices are lowered for volunteering groups.
Cafe @ The Armadillo
Armadillo Cinema @ The Armadillo
Meeting Room @ The Armadillo
Garden @ The Armadillo
Hire Prices (April 2021 – March 2022)
Kickabout areas in Yate
Kickabout areas are also very popular and as a result, can be found at the following play area sites:
- Kingsgate Park
- Wellington Road
- Millside Play Zone at Brimsham Park
- Lye Field by The Ridge Junior School
In addition to the above, West Yate Kickabout has opened in the grounds of Tyndale Primary School on Cranleigh Court Road.