Yate Town Council, Yate Community Plan and South Gloucestershire Council have come together to fund a wonderful new, fully accessible community garden at the Station Road Halls, in Yate, which are owned by Yate Town Council.
Utilising funding from all partners, a total transformation has taken place! What was once an uninspiring and underused community space is now an enjoyable, seamlessly accessible environment, perfect for community activities and events.
- raised planters brimming with edible planting including fruit and herbs;
- planting perfect for pollinators;
- hanging baskets;
- fruit and native orchard trees;
- bright new benches made from sustainable and recycled plastics, including a Queen’s Jubilee bench;
- levelled access from the YMCA building all the way through the courtyard and green space to Eggshill Play Area, in support of visitors with mobility requirements;
- and a new gate, providing access from the garden to the adjoining Eggshill Play Area, extending opportunities for private and community activities at Station Road.
Councillor Alan Monaghan said:
“The Yate Community Plan Committee is delighted to have been able to support this important enhancement. The community garden will bring a huge visual improvement to the site, whilst also introducing plant, native fruit, vegetables and an aromatic sensory space in which to relax and enjoy this welcoming and relaxing area”.
The Town Council and its partners are thrilled with the outcome of the community garden and look forward to residents and visitors making use of the space. It is the perfect venue for parties and events, and for enjoying nature, as the trees, plants and grass grow and transform with the seasons.
The garden can be booked for free alongside hire of the YMCA or the Parish Hall, or both venues together to cater for larger scale events (subject to availability).
Yate Town Council would like to thank South Gloucestershire Council Regeneration Department and Yate Community Plan for their support with this project, and is delighted to showcase what can be achieved through working in partnership for the benefit of the community.
For hire enquires and to find out more about this project, please contact Yate Town Council by email@example.com, by telephone 01454 869441, visit our website or follow us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.