Yate Town Council has installed an Automatic External Defibrillators (AED) at the following sites:
- Elmwood entrance to Kingsgate Park;
- Poole Court, Poole Court Drive, adjacent to the disabled access;
- Sunnyside Bowls Pavillion;
- Armadillo Youth Venue and Café, opposite Morrisons.
The town council will be installing over the next few months further AED’s at:
- Abbotswood Shopping Centre;
- Brinsham Park Carpark;
- Yate Heritage Centre;
- Yate Parish Hall, Station Road;
- Westerleigh Road, the Road to Nowhere end.
The Town Council liaised with South West Ambulance to ensure the AED’s installed are easy to see (they are bright yellow), easy to use and easy to maintain.
If, in an emergency an AED is required, please dial 999 in the first instance and you will be directed to the nearest accessible unit and provided with a code if the AED is in a lockable cabinet.
Yate Town Council’s AED’s have voice and visual prompts when the cabinets are opened. Public AED awareness sessions will be planned when possible.
If you are interested in supporting the Town Council’s ongoing project to make defibrillators more widely available and help save lives, any contributions would be gratefully received. Alternatively, if you would like to sponsor the purchase and installation of a defibrillator – as a business or an individual please contact us.